Animal Interfaith Alliance
Faiths Working Together for Animals
The Animal Interfaith Alliance (AIA) is a unique alliance of faith based, animal advocacy organisations which represents all the major faiths. It speaks out on the moral treatment of animals by drawing on the combined wisdom of all faiths, and it promotes social harmony by bringing the faith groups together on an issue they all share a concern for. AIA’s activities include animal advocacy and education.
Animal Interfaith Week 2022 – Interfaith Week 2022 ran from Sunday 13th – Sunday 20th November 2022 and AIA celebrated it with its ‘Animal Interfaith Week’. Catch up with our animal related events here.
Our Vision and Mission
Our Vision is a peaceful world where people of all faiths and none work together to treat animals with respect and compassion.
Our Mission is to create a united voice for animals from all of the major faiths to bring about a world where animals are treated with respect and compassion.
What We Do
Members – We bring together diverse faith-based animal advocacy organisations to be a strong united voice for animals. Meet our member organisations.
Education – We aim to put animal ethics into the education curriculum.
Advocacy – We campaign against cruelty to animals and aim to put animals on the agendas of major institutions. See our advocacy reports.
– We believe in ahimsa – a vegan lifestyle which does not harm others;
– Animals are sentient beings who have the right to live freely and not to be made to suffer by humans;
– Animals exist for their own sakes and not for ours;
– Animals are emotional beings who can love us and provide companionship, and can be members of our family and community;
– We are part of an interconnected web which includes the Earth and all its inhabitants, both plant and animals. By abusing part of that web, we damage the rest of it, including the environment and ourselves.
Our Eight Key Ambitions
1. Putting Animal Ethics on the Education Curriculum
2. Putting Animals on the Agenda of the Parliament of World Religions
3. Achieving a UN Convention on Animal Protection
4. Putting Animals in the 2030 UN Sustainable Development Goals
5. Replacing Laboratory Animals with 21st Century Human Relevant Test Methods
6. Ending Factory Farming
7. Using Ethical Investments to Promote Animal Welfare
8. Reactive Campaigning
AIA is a member of:
- Spirited Arts Competition 2023Get involved in the 2023 Spirited Arts & Poetry Competition, run by NATRE (the National Association of Teachers of Religious Education and join hundreds of schools from around the world taking part in this year’s competition. The competition is now open and closesContinue reading “Spirited Arts Competition 2023”
- AIA AGM 2022 with Guest Speaker, Rabbi Jonathan WittenbergWe are delighted to welcome Rabbi Jonathan Wittenberg as our guest speaker at this year’s AGM on Thursday 17th November at 18.00GMT on Zoom. Rabbi Jonathan Wittenberg is a regular speaker on BBC Radio 4’s Prayer for the Day and ThoughtContinue reading “AIA AGM 2022 with Guest Speaker, Rabbi Jonathan Wittenberg“
- Happy World Animal DayToday we envision a peaceful world where people of all faiths and none work together to treat animals, and each other, with respect and compassion – to treat all others as we would wish to be treated ourselves.
The Animal Interfaith Alliance is a registered not-for-profit company number 8958588.
Copyright Animal Interfaith Alliance 2022